Monday, December 28, 2009

Rubik's Cube

7 days ago I purchased a Rubik's cube at a local (family owned) toy store. I allowed myself 10 tries a day which I recorded.

Here are my results:



From my first attempt (68:32) to my 50th attempt (1:58) I was able to cut 66 minutes and 34 seconds (66:34) off of my time, or 97.74%.

The green points represent my lowest time from each day and the corresponding green line is a trending average of those points. It's interesting to note that my fastest time always came in one of the last 3 attempts for that day.

The red points represent the average of my worst time and best time for each day.

This data tells me that I can expect to crack the 1 minute mark somewhere around my 92nd attempt.

So why am I posting this in a pseudo finance and economics blog? The idea is simple. Truth lies in numbers. With enough relevant data points you can find subtle trends in your financial life. Being able to set a budget, and being able to set budget expectations out into the future can eliminate the need for unsecured credit over a long enough period of time.

That's an exciting prospect.

Microsoft Excel... the cure to our debt disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment