Friday, July 23, 2010

What a night!


Dear Readers,

Today I met my wife.

She doesn’t know it yet, but she is the girl I am going to marry. Her name is Cory and she is blonde. Cory knows Jim, and he set us up on our night out tonight.

I didn’t really know what to expect. It was kind of a half-blind date. We have never met before, but I saw a couple pictures of her. I can’t believe how hot she is.
She’s also smart – she is working on finishing her MBA, and she used a few words that I didn’t understand at all. Luckily, I’m good at acting like I know things, and I was able to use some of the context of her sentences to figure out what she was saying.

I won’t lie… I spent most of the night trying to time my glances down her shirt when she wasn’t looking. Did I mention she was funny?

We laughed a lot. She also didn’t judge me when I didn’t tip our bartender, and then had to go back to the bar 2 hours later to tip him and apologize. I think I was so caught up in her, that I forgot to tip. It felt like the world came to a stop.

I am wondering if she meant to let her hand graze mine as we were walking down Chapel street? Either way, it was great.

In the most Eric way possible, I did not have the balls to try and kiss her when I brought her home. I didn’t want to ruin a potentially perfect night. I think she might have kissed me back if I had tried. Also, I did not see any mase in her pocket book when she left it open on the table. I’m going to take this as a positive sign.

We think we are going to see each other again, but she’s leaving for vacation. I hope she doesn’t meet someone while she’s away. Otherwise, I’m going to have to kill him.

Today I flipped a coin on my bed 6 times in a row. I decided that if I could flip the coin 6 times in a row, and it landed on heads every time then we would end up married. Amazingly, I did flip the coin six times, and all six times it landed on tails. Damnit. Eitherway, it’s still about a 1/64 chance. Even if my odds of marrying this girl are 1 in 64, I’ll take it. Those are amazing odds with a girl like her.

Ok, I’m going to stop being creepy. Right now, it’s on to date number 2. I wonder what her ring size is?

No comments:

Post a Comment